Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Re-purposed Packaging

 Last week, I decided to play with the Maya Road 'Vintage Wood Spools'.  I wrapped beautiful silk ribbon, secured with some twine, added a little bling and a jewelry tag. Then the challenge arose as to how I would package these pretties. I considered a self-closing cello bag, a little box and a fancy envelope.
Silk Ribbon with Mini Wooden Spool and Bling (Set of 6)
 Meanwhile, I had not thrown out the original packaging for the spools. I traced the back support cardstock onto patterned paper and voila!, the spools are now safe and secure and ready for transport!


So for the most part, I am going to try to recycle packaging by re-purposing (is that even a word?) instead of recycling into the recycle bin. Yes, it means 'not getting rid of stuff' like I should be doing to clear up some space in the studio but if it means saving money on packaging and feeling good about not wasting....
If you are interested in what else you can create from wooden spools, the Maya Road blog is a great place to start.  The little set I created can be found in my Flourishy boutique here.
Thanks for stoppin' by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...