Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Gift Tags and a Give-A-Way !!!

 I stepped away from the sewing room to work on something Christmassy, anything Christmassy! Decided to start with gift tags. Call it fussy or what you will, but I am not a huge fan of writing the To: and From: on the front of the tag so I wanted to create a tag which would open and this is what happened:

 I used a small manila tag and traced it side by side on kraft cardstock. Yes, there probably is some die or machine which would cut a tag this size but sometimes, I simply like to do things the 'old-fashioned' way by tracing and cutting.

 I stamped an image on the right tag and cut out the tags, leaving the joined seam/line uncut.


 Next, I trimed the right tag so that only a few millimetres remained surrounding the stamped image.


Initially, due to time restraints, I told myself to make one and one only, then duplicate that design for the remaining tags but obviously, I had a bit too much fun coming up with different ways to decorate/embellish the same tag!




 The gifts are wrapped in simple brown paper bags wrapped with crinkled paper lace.



 Simple and completed! Woot!
 And here is the give-a-way part! I am going to give, in the spirit of Christmas giving, away this wrapped 'mystery' gift! Leave a comment saying 'hello' on this blog post and I will draw a name on Monday, December 19 so you have until Sunday, December 18 to leave a sweet 'hello' comment on the blog.
Don't forget, if you are a Canadian artist, designer or craftsperson, Gabry Road is giving away a free membership during the month of December. Even if you sell your handmade goodness elsewhere, on other online marketplaces, we'd love to share your handmade goodness on Gabry Road!

Thanks for stoppin' by!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Rosa, those are just gorgeous tags, what a great stamp. You have a way with gift wrapping. What kind of stamp is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sheila..thanks so much! The stamp is part of a stamp set by Inkadinkado called 'Tags & Wishes' item #99499

    ReplyDelete
  3. "giggle" These are just wonderful!!! "giggle" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rosa, it never ceases to amaze me how "simple" you make it look to make, but how elegant it all is! Just simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what lovely tags and gifts. I've been working on some tags too but very different from yours. I know what you mean about not wanting to do the same. So far most of mine are completely different but it's pretty slow going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fantastic design Rosa! I especially love the one with the three holly leaves and one red button with white twine - fantastic. I'll be the first to admit that I was indeed thinking "there must be a die cut or a Cricut cartridge that will do this shape" but you beat me to the punch with that! I love how simple you kept it. Excellent job!

    Lorena
    www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these Rosa! you have a way of making things looks SO perfect!!

    jennP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, stopped here with the lovely recommendations of jennP !

    Very, very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! They are so nice! So much creativity on your side !!Don't stop sharing your talents!
    It's very nice to do so during this time of year when some people forget it's time to share and give to others!
    Way to go Rosa! Many Christmas wishes for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...