Saturday, November 12, 2011

'Sugar Sack' Apron

I purchased a very large, sugar sack apron at one of my flea market visits this past summer. At the time of the purchase, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do with the vintage sugar sack but knew I had to have it. So it sat in my sewing room until this week when I took another look at it and thought it was the right size, when taken apart, to create an apron with.
 I love that the 'Extra Fine' is upside down. I can only assume that this is where the flap of the sack would have been and then fastened.

 It may be difficult to see but the last blue sentence states 'Montreal, HQ, Saint John, N.B'. Pretty nifty that not only was the sugar sack an awesome find but that it orginated in Canada!
After having so much fun with this apron, I will definitely be on the look-out for more sacks next flea market season. This apron and a few more newbies have been added to my Flourishy Boutique on Gabry Road. And while you are visiting Gabry Road, do take a look at all the wonderful new handmade goodness which has been added this week, just in time for you to start your holiday shopping!
Thanks for stoppin' by!

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...