Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Our new 'Mudroom' ...Finished!

 In February, I wrote about how I had hoped to have an addition made to this end of the hallway. The hallway ended with a door leading to outside and if it ever opened (it was pretty well sealed shut), we would land on a little porch which no one ever used. If you turn right at the end of the hallway, you will find the garage. Being that the space to come in from the garage was quite small, we needed an area we could unload the boots, coats, mittens, etc..you know, the standard Ontario winter gear, without then having to trip on everything getting out of the hallway.
 And finally, after months of saving and two weeks of labour and love, the mudroom addition is complete! This is now what we see at the end of the hallway...pure bliss!

 We each have our own locker and yes of course, the kids claimed their lockers right away and banished Mom and Dad to the corner :)





Try as I might, I could not get a good angle or proper lighting to take better pics. I would love to blame the camera again but I know, the operator had much to do with the poor pics :)  In real life, the room is stunning and exactly what I had hoped for. It isn't a big room but it does it's job well, not only providing enough space for the winter gear but also the hockey and skate bags. And so, for this reason only, I am sort of looking forward to winter but really, if you know how much I detest the cold, I think I may be able to tolerate the winter this year:)

Thanks for stoppin' by!

7 comments:

  1. I love love love it! This is an organizer's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. so awesome.... love love love it!!!!!
    Dorrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosa, this is great! I like it, and I think the pics are perfect!

    Lorena
    www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful and your pictures are just great! Small spaces create all kinds of challenges. A place for everything and everything in its place. Aaah, that makes life a whole lot easier- esp. with our Ontario weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that is gorgeous!!!! So bright and tidy, I looks like it should be in a magazine.
    Stunning really!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wonderful mudroom. I came here from Jennifer's Milkhouse.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...