Thursday, September 29, 2011

A gift for John


Our dear friend John is celebrating his 40th birthday today. I had no idea what to give as a gift other than the usual gift certificate but wanted to also give John and his family something a bit more personal than just a gift certificate.  So his wife Cindy forwarded a family picture and I created and framed this layout. Now if you know John at all, crafting in any capacity is definitely 'not his thing' but I wanted to make this and did.  To be honest, I didn't even care if it ended up in a closet, it was just something I wanted to do and at the same time, it was a good exercise on my part trying to overcome the 'don't over think' issues :) John surprised me by showing sending a pic of where he had placed it on his wall, the very next day! So there you have it. Even the ones who you think may not appreciate art or crafts just might. Have a great birthday John and welcome to the club!

Thanks for stoppin' by!

2 comments:

  1. Great piece. Everyone loves something special or personal created with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jennifer! Glad he enjoyed it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...