Saturday, August 20, 2011

Slip Cushions

Earlier this summer, I had the opportunity to work with very old, horse-hair filled sofa cushions. Cathy asked if I could create new covers for the sofa cushions. The sofa itself was passed on to Cathy from her grandmother and now rests in the family cottage. The original covers were so old I didn't need any tools to rip them off, the covers tore as easy as paper! Due to the varying temperatures in the cottage, we selected an  indoor/outdoor fabric to cover the cushions as this fabric is more resilient to temperture fluctuations over time. I did not see the sofa finished but am grateful Cathy remembered to send me a pic. Thanks Cathy and hope you and your family are enjoying the 'new' sofa!
Thanks for stoppin' by and have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...