Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Little glass bottles...


A while back, I wrote a post about 'Collecting' and on the world wide web, I advised I didn't collect anything. Well, until I placed all the little glass bottles on one shelf, I really didn't know how many I had actually collected over the years. I had the bottles scattered in various places around the house but decided to place them together, on one shelf, and wow do I love them even more. I love the aqua color, I love the size, I love thinking about what they were once used for and how they were once a standard, everyday, household item. Not sure what it is about the color aqua, teal and patina but they are my absolute favorite colors and I find it is now my 'go-to' color for any piece of wood furniture which needs painting. Yet, I must remember to add my other favorites (red, coral, yellow, cream) or the inside of my house will start to look like a swimming pool :)
Thanks for stoppin' by and hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. With just three of anything, you have a collection. Love the bottles grouped together. Great impact. Want more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all displayed together like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection, Very pretty display too.
    I remember reading that post and thinking....she has one some where??? LOL
    I was however thinking millinery goods...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute collection. Just got back from up north and stopped at a few antique places that had many blue & other coloured bottles. They did intrigue me but hubby saw them as dust catchers.. now I want some lol I did however pick up a few crock pots with lids, tin cans, old lanterns, and wooden box. Gotta love old things and especially wonder who and why they were used.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...