Saturday, June 11, 2011

Art Journal

Back in January 2011, Katie asked if anyone was interested in participating in an Art Journal circle. I had never even created an art journal at that time but thought the idea was great and would give me the opportunity to learn some new techniques along with creating an art journal. Six gals signed up: Katie, Rachel, Melissa, Jenn, Sharon, Stephanie and myself. We each bought a moleskin sketchbook and the received the 'schedule' via Katie. We had about a week to create a page, or two, and then pass it on to the next person on the list.
Last evening the gals got together to reveal their journals. I was simply amazed and the time and effort the girls put into each and every page at the same time, pegging my passion for creating, sewing and fabric!


Most created the first page before forwarding the journal onwards. The above is the very first page I created.

Melissa

Sharon

Sharon

Sharon

Jenn

Jenn

Katie

Katie

Katie

Rachel

Rachel

Rachel

Stephanie

Stephanie
I love how each page is so unique and captions the owner of the book perfectly. I was not ambitious enough to attempt more than one entry per journal but as you can see, the talent overflowed for the other gals onto many pages. Thanks Katie for the opportunity and looking forward to future rounds!

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous personal pages. It is a treasure for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really missed you last night, I am so happy you loved your book. This whole project was so fun, I have really enjoyed myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I taken part in a few of these and they are such a wonderful chance to challenge yourself and share at the same time. I got some seek peeks along the way. They were all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...