Saturday, June 18, 2011

Altered Printer Tray

So perhaps not altered using paints, paper and embellies, but I had this vintage printer tray stored for too long and thought it might work to store and feature wooden stamps. Wasn't the easiest task. Even with a good chisel and lots of dear hubby's muscles the wood slats were very tough to break through.  If this tray had been made today, it would probably have been made out of balsam wood or chipboard but being that it was made in the days when they used real wood, it definitely wasn't as pliable as I had hoped. But, after the minor struggles with the removal of the slats, I now have most of the stamps on display and easy to find.
PS...I have no idea how the bottle of Gorilla Glue became a part of this display case :)
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stoppin' by!

1 comment:

  1. It looks marvelous, useful too.
    You know I almost fainted when I read about the knocking out of the slats...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...