Sunday, February 27, 2011

Easy Peasy Wall Decor

A friend asked if I could send her some pics of my dining room wall so she could do the same in her home and because I now actually have pics, I thought I'd share an easy way to dress up a wall. When we moved to this house, we had arrived with very little after having sold most of our belongings before moving to 'row housing' in Yellowknife. Thus, after moving from Yellowknife to our larger home in Ottawa meant lots of empty walls as we just didn't have much to put on the walls. It's been up six years now and I am pretty sure I 'borrowed' the idea from Pottery Barn but instead of using an actual frame as the outer frame, we used left over crown moulding.


 At the time we were reno'ing the house, we added crown moulding to each room and of course ended up with tons of extra pieces and remnants. I had dear hubby put together the mouldings into a frame shape and then painted and crackled the frame. I used Ralph Lauren Crackle Medium but really, you can use any type of medium which will crackle paint and then use a sealer on top of the finished paint layers.
 To fill, I simply used frames I had lying around, some mirrors, some wreaths and of course, scrappy paper. I like that the frames which did not really work on any other wall in the house seemed to fit in the large frame well.


So there you have it...an easy-peasy and super-duper cheap inexpensive way to dress up a wall!
Thanks for stoppin' by!

7 comments:

  1. so love love love this, but i have to say it is WAY better in person even. pics never do this type of thing justice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Diva! Glad you posted though, I have 3 bins of frames to go through... another project on my to do list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous. Great for my basement if/when it gets done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and gorgeous way to decorate a wall! Love it Rosa! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So talented ... GORGEOUS!

    R :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my fave things in your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Rosa, I love this! Fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...